Join us Sundays
9 am or 11 am
at 58 Grosvenor ave.
Sunnyside Wesleyan Church is a vibrant worship community. On a typical Sunday we spend our time together welcoming visitors and newcomers, joining in contemporary worship music, reading scripture, and praying for our local, national, and global community. When we gather we are excited to sing praise to God, and over the course of every service we hope to grow a little bit more in our relationship with Jesus Christ. At the same time, we understand that life is often messy. We are here to build each other up in Christ, whether things are going smoothly or roughly.
We are a Church for those on the first steps of a relationship with Christ, those well-established in their journey, or those who are not yet sure about where to start. We welcome those who are new to the Christian experience as well as those coming from other churches. Everyone worships differently, and almost everyone who comes to Sunnyside will find some new ways of doing things. Feel free to ask around if something seems new to you; we are just as excited to hear about your traditions as to help you share in ours.
Each week we hear a sermon, usually around 25 minutes in length. Our Senior Pastor Brent Russett preaches most Sundays at our Grosvenor site.
If you would like to hear some of our past sermons you can find them right here on our website.
Approximately 300 people attend Sunnyside on a regular basis. Each Sunday there is a 9 a.m. and an 11 a.m. service at the Grosvenor site, and during the summer months one service at 10 am. a
Our congregation is a diverse mix made up of university students, young families, professionals and seniors. Information about our kids’ ministries can be found here. Ages in our congregation range from newborns to those in their nineties.
What We Believe
Theology is what we believe about God, and that affects how we approach God. Everyone, whether Christian or not, has a theology. We choose to ground our theology in our Wesleyan roots. This arises out of and informs the denomination we are a part of. This means that we tenaciously affirm the essentials of historic Christian orthodoxy and we give grace and latitude in the non-essentials.
• The Bible is inspired by God and is authoritative in all matters of faith and conduct.
• There is one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• Jesus Christ is God; we affirm his virgin birth, sinless humanity, and his divine miracles. We also affirm his atoning death, bodily resurrection, and ascension. He continues to mediate for us and he will come again.
• Humanity is spiritually dead because of sin. Our only hope is the merits of Jesus’ death and resurrection. Salvation is a free gift of God, received by faith, accompanied by repentance. The Holy Spirit applies Christ’s work to our lives, giving us spiritual life.
• The Holy Spirit empowers believers to live holy lives that positively affect those around us.
• The Church is made up of all people in whom Christ dwells.
Sunnyside General Fund
Clicking the button below, you can use your credit card or PayPal account to give to the general operating budget of Sunnyside.
Sunnsyside Mission Fund
Clicking the button below, you can use your credit card or PayPal account to give to the Mission fund budget of Sunnyside.